- Store the jewelry in a box, close drawer or in a zip lock plastic bag, it will prevent the tarnishing and getting them scratched.
- Taking a shower with your silver jewelry is allowed and even recommended. Water and soap will help keeping the silver clean.
- When doing cleaning chores and using cleaning products (for example doing the dishes), it is advisable taking off all jewelry. Chemicals in the cleaning product may harm the jewelry and will cause tarnishing.
- Entering to the sea or the pool with jewelry is not recommended, the chlorine and the salty water can damage the silver.
- Avoid any contact of silver with perfume, or lotions.
- During the summer silver jewelry will tarnish quicker then usual, causing by the oxidization it our sweat and the humidity in the air.
Don’t wear in water
Getting your leather bracelet soaking wet by wearing it in the shower or while swimming can strip the oils from the leather’s surface. If this happens, the leather can stiffen and even crack as it dries. So while your leather bracelet is a great accessory in a lot of locations, the beach probably shouldn’t be one of them.
Do clean with a damp cloth
It is all right to clean your leather bracelet if it gets dirty. Use a damp cloth to clean the leather, being careful not to scrub hard as this can cause any dust or dirt to scratch the surface of the leather. Afterwards, let your bracelet air dry in a cool area.
Don’t clean with harsh chemicals
Abrasive cleaning materials can harm your leather, stripping necessary oils away from its surface and causing it to dry or crack. Avoid the use of soaps or detergents on your leather. Generally, there’s no need to clean your leather bracelet with anything stronger than distilled water.
Do avoid extreme temperatures
Leather does best in cool or room-temperature areas. Extreme heat can dry your leather out. While it’s perfectly fine to wear your leather bracelet outside on the occasional hot day, you should be careful not to leave your custom leather bracelet on a radiator or next to the stove, and should perhaps avoid wearing it while cooking over a campfire. Paying attention to the temperature and your activities will help your leather bracelet lead its longest lifestyle.
Don’t worry about a little bit of wear
One of the greatest things about leather is that it looks beautiful both brand new and after years of wear. A few scratches on the surface of your leather products won’t ruin its aesthetics. Instead, it will give it character, showcasing how much you love your leather bracelet.
- Leather will also naturally wear over time like most natural materials and our guarantee excludes leather damage arising from water or wear.